Monday, March 21, 2011

satisfy.



I will never forget that morning. Even if I wanted to. I remember trying so hard to ingrain it into my brain. To plant my feet in that very spot so I would never have to leave. Reminding myself to never forget that pure and easy joy and satisfaction I felt that day. You see, I was in Honduras that morning. I had just completed an obstacle course that had begun at 5 a.m. I should have felt tired and worn out, but I didn't feel that way. I looked like I got run over, and I smelled like a garbage disposal. I should have felt ugly and gross, but I didn't. Because that morning none of that mattered. Honestly, I wish I could say none of those things ever matter to me, but that is not the truth. That morning, God stilled my soul in a way that I will never forget. It was more than a feeling. More than a realization. It was a glimpse of what true satisfaction is. Moreover, what heaven beckons. I wanted to stay there forever, right there in that very place where it was just me and Him. Remembering that place of true satisfaction, not with who I was or am, but who he was and is. Here's to finding my fulfillment in Him daily and learning from time spent with Jesus.

"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days." Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment