Sunday, March 21, 2010

c.s. lewis

"Relying on God has to begin all over again every day as if nothing had yet been done..."
-a letter "To Mrs. L."

"God is not proud...He will have us even though we have shown that we prefer everything else to Him."
-The Problem of Pain

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
-Mere Christianity

"We are born helpless. As soon as we are fully conscious we discover loneliness..."
-Transposition and Other addresses

"It was when I was happiest that I longed most...The sweetest thing in all my life has been the longing...to find the place where all the beauty came from."
-Till We Have Faces

1 comment:

  1. I like these :-) Did you read C.S. Lewis on your Spring Break? Love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete